Friday, March 12, 2010

What's Cookin' - Who Dat Latte

Lafayette comin' atcha here. Youse know that I am an Entrepreneur! I work on da road crew to keep myself lookin' hot and SEXAY and line my pockets with a little jingle. Then at nights I cook at Merlotte's bar where all the local necks hang out. So now I'm branchin' out and I'm goin' to be Bon Temps version of da BAM! man. I mean no one has more Bam! Bam! Bam! than 'lil ole me! And I kin cook too! Every week or so I'm going to teach y'all to make food good enough to melt even Nan Flanagan's heart. Bon Chika Wow Wow – Appetit! Whasssup????? Ya boy Lafayette is back in full effect. I been gone off da town fo a minute. Youse wouldn't believe where I been. Lawd, I went to New Orleans for Super Bowl Sunday and I ain't come back home til this past weekend. Sam still mad at me. I think ol Sookie even mad at me. I walked through that door at Merlotte's like nothing ever happened. Next thang I know, dey all over me talkin' bout "Lafayette, we thought Eric had you again or something." Hmmm, he should be so lucky. Child, ya boy was hangin out in dat French Quarter. My voice still ain't come back yet. I betcha I be yellin "Who Dat" in my sleep! Man, look, we was on Bourbon Street watching da end of dat game and lawd, when dey ran dat clock down, Bourbon was off da heezy. Ya boy wasn't comin home til gots to see him some of dem sexy mens that made dat happen. I made plans to stick around til Tuesday so I could catch me some beads and maybe some numbers, too. When dat float wit those defensive backs passed by, child, ya boy passed out. I loves me some defensive backs, especially dem ones da New Orleans Saints got. I saw a couple of dem sweaty mens and next thang I know, dey was picking me up off da sidewalk. I got weak when I looked up and dey was throwin' beads to me and da rest as dey say, was history. I decided to stick around New Orleans for a while. You never know who you gonna meet down there, but you know you gonna have a good time. There ain't no other way! Man, dat win was a long time comin. But you know what else a long time coming? My next recipe. And child, dis here recipe a short one, but one that gonna wake you up. Make sure you make it for ya man or woman, whichever one you got. It'll really get ya blood to pumpin! Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of flavored syrup ¾ cup of milk 8 oz. strong coffee Directions: Brew coffee however ya normally do. Once dat coffee finished brewing, mix all dem ingredients together and pour over ice. Now it's ready to drank just like dat, but make sho you put some whipped cream all over it. You wanna get fancy, you can put some chocolate shavings or something like it. Ya boy don't worry bout them shavings. All I worry about is da whipped cream. And you know ya boy can find some uses for dat. Til next time folks, Who Dat talkin bout Lafayette can't cook? Who Dat! Who Dat! (Photo credit: http://www.virtualbay.co.nz/totallyroasted/pics/latte-bowl-602.jpg) Graphics Creation Credits: Steven Easterly To read more yummy Lafayette approved recipes use the search function to find "What's Cookin'" in our archives! Disclaimer: These recipes are provided for entertainment and culinary purposes only and should be made by ordinary humans only with ordinary ingredients. This column is a parody of the Gothic fantasy series, True Blood, and as such, is presented here for your amusement. What's Cookin' and the various writers that contribute to it, have no relationship/affiliation to HBO, True Blood, or any of the cast or crew of said nor any relation to Charlain Harris's Sookie Stackhouse novels.

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment