Wednesday, January 28, 2009

True Blood Fan Meets Charlaine Harris

[caption id="attachment_1847" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Charlaine Harris with Connie Pepper (Right) at Book signing"]Charlaine Harris with Connie Pepper (Right) at Book signing[/caption] Recently Charlaine Harris attended a book discussion and signing at the Houston Public Library on Tuesday, January 6, 2009 and I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Harris and speaking with her. The following is an account of my evening and wonderful encounter with the charming Charlaine Harris. My friend Joy and I set out about 5:00 pm to go to the book signing at the Houston Public Library. We were so excited about getting to meet her and we were a little worried because we did not know how to get to the library and downtown Houston, TX is very tricky with all one way streets. We drove around and finally found it and I had to cut over three lanes just to get into the parking garage I had almost passed it up for the second time. By the time we got into the parking garage it was dark and we were the only ones in the parking garage. So we got out still so excited to be there and there was a little lady and a younger blonde girl that had gotten out of their car near us and I said "Oh good" there are some other people in the parking garage with us. We all went into the building were the elevator was and the blonde girl asked the Security Guard were the Library was and she told them the 4th floor. So I told the blonde girl that we were going to follow her because she knew where she was going. So it was me, my friend Joy the little lady and the blonde girl and very quiet man. I was wearing my "FANGTASIA" t-shirt that I had gotten from HBO.com and the little lady told me she like my t-shirt. I said thanks and I told her about this lady in Walgreens that wanted to know where the Fangtasia Bar was. I told her looked at the lady like she had lost her mind and I didn't have time to explain it all to her but I told her to write down the address on the back of the t-shirt and she did. The little lady laughed at me and said that she was just not as hip as we were. We talked some more and I noticed that my friend Joy got kind of quiet. But I was still so excited about being there and trying to find the library that I wasn't really paying attention to what was all being said until……. We got out of the elevator and walked down a short hallway and then I heard the blonde girl say "Hello I am Anna and this is the AUTHOR!!!!!!! I looked at my friend Joy and she looked at me and I wanted to break out in tears from embarrassment. It was Charlaine Harris on the elevator with us!!!! Before we got on the elevator I had told my friend Joy, "Hey she kind of looks like the little lady that wrote the books" but I just didn't put two and two together. Joy said that she had seen all the green tags with numbers on them in the blonde girl's hands and then she realized it was her. We waited in line to buy a book from "Murder By the Books" and we thought that Anna worked for them because that is who I bought my book from. I told her what had happened on the elevator but I told her that Charlaine didn't look like the picture on the back of her book. She laughed and said that is OK if it had been Stephen Moyer getting on the elevator you would of known who he was. I told her if Stephen Moyer would have been on the elevator I would of need some OXYGEN!!! Well Charlaine came out to talk with us and answer questions. She made us laugh from the time she got there until the time she started signing books. I bet she signed over 400 books. They had given us green slips with a number on them and that indicated our number in line to get our books signed. She told us a few details about "True Blood". There will not be a "Bubba" and I think it has to do with residuals and that all the cast members are really nice. She said the filming of Season 2 would begin in February. She told us that she has a contract for one more book after "Dead and Gone" and she feels very, very strongly that her publisher will write her another contract. When Joy and I finally made it up to get our books signed we had a man behind us take our picture with her. I said to her "hi again", we met on the elevator and Charlaine said "oh, hi girls." I told her my name was Connie Pepper and I mentioned that there is a character in her book named Maddy Pepper and she said yes there is. Charlaine said something to my friend Joy and I heard Joy say that we were trying to respect her space. Charlaine said well "I was sure you girls knew who I was." Charlaine stopped signing the book, took the time to pose and give us one of her big beautiful smiles. I thanked her again for coming and talking with us and she said "No thank you for coming." I was so excited about just being there that it is almost a blurrr!!! I had such a good time and Charlaine made us feel right at home. Charlaine took the time to answer everyone's questions and always had a smile on her face. I will never forget it. [caption id="attachment_1853" align="alignleft" width="246" caption="Connie Pepper"]Connie Pepper[/caption]

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment