Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Joe Manganiello Answers Fan Questions at Eyecon 2010

Joe Manganiello, True Blood Alcide, at Eyecon 2010

While at Eyecon 2010, Joe Manganiello had a fan Q&A in which he discussed several topics, including his interest in True Blood, the process it took for him to become Alcide, and much, much more. Check out what went on in the Q&A below. Joe Manganiello: Good morning. Do we have any questions? Guest Pictures? All right, then I guess I'll talk a little bit. I was a huge, huge fan of True Blood. When the show came on the air, I watched it when it premiered. I had no idea it was based on this series of books. I got an email from one of my best friends, who said "You've gotta check this out!" I checked this little web link and it took me to a blog site and fans of Charlaine Harris' books were blogging about their fantasy casts and who should play all of the characters when they show up in certain seasons and there were a bunch of fans who were posting pictures of me and saying I should play this werewolf when he shows up. I went wait a minute, there are werewolves in this story? I loved the werewolves in the old Lon Chaney Jr. horror movies since I was a kid. So I went to Amazon and ordered the books and started reading them. Sure enough, I read the description of the character where Sookie opens the door and looks up and has to look up again and there's this giant, dark haired guy with long, untameable black hair and said if he'd shaved in the morning, he'd haveto shave again. I thought, okay, I can do that. Then it said that Charlaine described him as having biceps the size [...]

http://truebloodnet.com http://fancommunity.truebloodnet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment