Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ryan Kwanten of True Blood Talks About Women and Dating

ryan-kwanten-true-blood-season-2Australian-born actor Ryan Kwanten who plays Jason Stackhouse on Alan Ball's hit HBO TV series True Blood recently spoke to Women's Health Magazine about the differences between Australian and American women and relationships in general.  Ryan stated that when it comes to breaking his heart Australian women tend to be more blunt.
"Australian women tend to tell it like it is - even if it's the brutal, honest truth,…I think American women usually break it to you a little easier. There's a softer side to them."
Ryan also provides this tip to women when it comes to dating.  He states that one mistake that women make is that they should:
"Try out the "I love you's" after a week or two (of dating). You have to give it time before you start (saying that). I like exploring the mystery of a relationship instead of laying it all out on the table at the beginning."
When asked what was his most embarrassing dating experience he says that:
"I arrived at this girl's house and her dad answered the door. The guy was huge -- in my head, he seemed close to seven feet tall and 300 pounds. He looked down at me and said, "Can I help you? I said, 'Yeah, I'm here to see ... ' and I forgot the girl's name! I was just looking up at him thinking, Oh, God, please don't squash me!"
Now many of you who watch True Blood are very familiar with Ryan's well-chiseled physique that seems to have absolutely no body fat.  So how does he do it?
"I'm somewhat of a masochist at heart. I like to sweat. I come from a very competitive sporting background --my dad was a world-champion surfer -- so it's always been a part of my DNA. I do a lot of soft-sand running, hiking, yoga, and boxing, and I compete in triathlons. But I don't have a strict diet. If I want a beer, I'll have a beer, and I've always been a chocoholic."
Is there anything about Ryan that fans of True Blood may not be aware of?
"I'm undefeated in Scrabble. I can figure out an opponent's strategy and mold mine to offset theirs. I play a couple times a week, and I'll often play a game on my bed by myself against myself, which I realize sounds completely mad."
SOURCE: Foxnews.com (Photo credit:  HBO.com)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment