Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Echoes: Bringing a Soldier All the Way Home

[caption id="attachment_15999" align="aligncenter" width="416" caption="Terry Bellefleur PTSD Sufferer"]Terry Bellefleur PTSD Sufferer[/caption]

This is the transcript of the world's first TwitterPlay on the condition of PTSD and one soldier who's suffering from it. Thanks to the Blood Copy players for writing and True Blood On Twitter for producing the play on this important subject. The Story of Arlene and Terry: Laff: @Terrybellefle *makin' rolls, rollin' out the dough* You sure is lookin' stressed today, Baby…is you okay? Terry: @Lafayette_R *slicin' potatoes, hacking the knife into them real hard* Just feelin' the pressure, Laff...don't like feelin' the pressure. Laff: *takes cut potatoes from @TerryBellefle, dumping them in the fryer* Well, why didn't you take your break, Hookah? Arlene: @Lafayette_R @TerryBellefle *walks up the window* Whew...in case y'all didn't notice, Merlotte's is busier than a pig on ice tonight! Terry: @ArleneFowler *walks over to Arlene* I don't like seein' you work so hard, Arlene...this can't be good for you...or the baby. Arlene: @TerryBellefle I'm okay, Bear...*blows hair off forehead*...besides we're gonna have another mouth to feed and we sure can use the money. Arlene: * Here you go, Laff! *slides a plate to @Lafayette_R* Nasty old coot, Mr. Hendricks says his chicken-fried steak still ain't fried enough! Laff: @ArleneFowler Ah, them damm necks wouldn't know good food if it bit em in their asses! Arlene: *sensing @TerryBellefle getting agitated* *whispers to @Lafayette_R* Could you please watch Terry for me, Laff? Arlene: @Lafayette_R I been real worried 'bout him today. Hate when they change his meds. I don't understand why they can't find the right mix. Laff: @ArleneFowler He'll be fine, just leave him be. Lemme take care of your deep, deep chicken fried steak for the rude neck at yo table. Terry: *walks to bar to help @ArleneFowler put pitchers of beer on tray* Arlene! Let me help you with those. Terry: *quickly glancing up, I see a little boy pointing his toy gun at me... and then he yells, "POW!" Terry: *startled, jerking back, crashing into @ArleneFowler's tray, knocking over all the pitchers…watching everything crash to the floor* Terry: @ArleneFowler I'm so sorry, Baby...I just... *looking down at mess on floor* I can't get nothin' right today! I ... *flustered stomps outside* Sam: @TerryBellefle *hears tray hit floor, calls after Terry runnin' out the door* Hey, Terry! HEY! It was just a toy gun! You okay, buddy?* Laff: Order up, @ArleneFowler! Arlene: @SamMerlotteBT Ohhhhhhh… *watchin' Terry storm off* I'll be right back, Sam! Sam: Damn, @TerryBellefle! *scratches head*... when's that man gonna learn he ain't in Faluja no more? Laff: *watchin' @ArleneFolwer whiz by* I said ORDER UP! Arlene: *tears off apron letting it drop to the floor, runs outside to find @TerryBellefle. Arlene: *finds @TerryBellefle on the ground, hands over ears, pressing himself against the dumpster, grabbing on to it, tearing up* TERRY? Terry: @ArleneFowler *looking up at Arlene* I got to take care of you, Arlene.... the baby... Lisa and Coby… Terry: @ArleneFowler I'm strong, Arlene! But I froze up! I let everybody down… Arlene: @TerryBellefle* That's it! Enough is enough, Baby! Fuckadoo that money, I don't care 'bout nothin' else but you! I'm takin' you home! Laff: *sees @ArleneFowler left her tray of food sitting there* SHIT! This food ain't goin' nowhere by itself! *grabs tray, heads to table* Terry: At home with @ArleneFowler Terry: *flopping down on the couch* *staring into space* Arlene: *sitting next to @TerryBellefle, softly touching his hand* Do you need some space, Baby? Should I be leavin' you alone? Arlene: @TerryBellefle Can I get you somethin' to drink? Terry: @ArleneFowler *still staring, not answering * Arlene: @TerryBellefle *verging on tears, takes your hand and touches it to my cheek* It's me, Bear….I'm here … Can you feel me? Arlene: @TerryBellefle You and me…we're here, Baby! You ain't there anymore… Terry: *sighis, choking back tears* Arlene: @TerryBellefle, I know it ain't easy, but we need to talk about what happened. Arlene: @TerryBellefle If we're goin' to be a couple, you should be able to tell me anything and open up. Terry: @ArleneFowler *letting out a sigh* I can't talk about over there, Arlene... the things I saw…things I did... Arlene: @TerryBellefle, Just let me in a little bit more, Baby… please… you have got to let me in. Terry: @ArleneFowler I saw so many bad things…there's evil things in this world, Arlene… worse than vampires… Terry: @ArleneFowler There are things in this world that would make you shiver to your very core. Arlene: @TerryBellefle I know, but look at me, if you don't let it out…I'm scared it's gonna swallow you whole and you'll be a shell of yourself. Terry: @ArleneFowler I'm afraid if I tell you…you won't want me anymore, that you won't let me live here with you…and Coby and Lisa…and the baby. Arlene: @TerryBellefle *teary-eyed* But, I'd feel so much better knowin' your secrets...knowin' you're okay to be with the kids...with a baby. Arlene: @TerryBellefle You're a survivor, Bear…and that means you're strong! Terry: @ArleneFowler *feeling a new calm and determination* Okay, I'll tell you, Arlene…what do you want to know? Arlene: @TerryBellefle *looking in your eyes, searching to see if it's really gonna be okay, taking a deep breath…* Arlene: @TerryBellefle Well, can you tell me about that scar…the real big one on your back...but only if you want to, Bear…only if you're real ready. Terry: *quietly staring into @ArleneFowler's eyes * Terry: @ArleneFowler That scar...my platoon was ambushed by insurgents, caught a bullet…luckily it only grazed me. Arlene: *running a finger gently back and forth along the scar, feelin' it through @TerryBellefle's shirt*... I am so sorry, Baby! Arlene: @TerryBellefle *overwhelmed with sadness *You've got so many scars and I know you got a story to tell for every one of 'em. Arlene: @TerryBellefle And I love you even more for sharin' that one with me. *kisses your shoulder" Arlene: @TerryBellefle Is it okay if I ask you about Dusty too? You're always talkin' 'bout Dusty in your sleep… Arlene: @TerryBellefle Sometimes you got me lookin' around to see if Dusty's right there in the room with us, Terry…who is Dusty? Terry: @ArleneFowler Dusty……Dusty is…was my best friend…he died right in my arms *crying*… ain't nothun worse than that, Baby. Arlene: @TerryBellefle *eyes widening, feelin' my breath goin' out, not feelin' more comin' in* Arlene: @TerryBellefle After seein' those bodies in the parking lot and Daphne in the freezer, I can't imagine holdin' a man while he's dyin'... Terry: @ArleneFowler A dead body is just a dead body when you see enough of them. Terry: @ArleneFowler First time I saw one I felt…it was horrible...but by my third one...kinda stopped payin' attention…helps to keep you sane. Arlene: @TerryBellefle Come here, Bear! *pulling you close, wrapping my arms around you, holding you real tight* Arlene: @TerryBellefle Thank you, Baby. *kissing your forehead* You're real strong to be able to have gone through all that. Arlene: @TerryBellefle *kissing your cheek* Don't you be scared to tell me anything. I'll always love you just a little bit more. You hear? Arlene: @TerryBellefle And, of course I want you here with me... Coby and Lisa....and the baby. Arlene: @TerryBellefle You're the best thing that's ever happened to us, ever happened to me. Are you okay? Do you feel any better? Terry: @ArleneFowler Can we watch the fishin 'channel? *smiles* Arlene: @TerryBellefle *smilin' back* Yeah, we can watch the fishin' channel, I love watchin' that channel with you… Arlene: @TerryBellefle Come on, Terry Bear! *pulling you up from couch* You find that TV clicker and let's go to bed. Terry: *following @ArleneFowler to bed* Photo Credit: HBO Screen Cap: James Blood Bites: http://truebloodontwitter.com/ True Blood On Twitter: http://truebloodontwitter.com/bloodbites.html

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment