Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hollywood Life's Interview with Deborah Ann Woll

deborahaw-hlHollywood ife.com recently had the chance to interview True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll. In the interview Deborah,  talks about her first appearance in Season 1 of True Blood and how she prepared for the role by watching animal attack videos.  Deborah's goes on to talk about the difficulty talking with fangs. Some of the interview below.
Your character, Jessica, was a sheltered girl who transformed into an outspoken, bratty teenage vampire. Could you relate to any of that from your teenage years? What were you like? I was nothing like Jessica. I was very shy. Very quiet. I was a hard worker and I really just did my own thing. I was very un-popular. I certainly was not in the in-crowd. I was a big nerd. I did not have the attitude or the sort of self confidence that Jessica has. And part of me wishes that I did, because I wouldn't have been such a doormat my whole life. She really doesn't let anybody tell her what to do or tell her she's inappropriate. And I think that's a great quality in a way. Jessica will learn to balance that out a little bit, I hope. But, no, I didn't really draw on my own experiences. I tended to watch a lot of specific celebrities who maybe had a similar feel to them, and I just thought a lot about what it would be like to have never been allowed to express yourself. To always have been told that what you thought and felt were wrong, your entire life. And what would it be like to finally be able to say 'Never again am I going to let someone marginalize me or make me feel less than.'
To read the full interview,  read on at Hollywood Life Photo Credit: Hollywood Life

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment