Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rutina Wesley Daemons TV Interview

rutina_wesley-333x500Daemonstv.com has a great interview with Rutina Wesley where she discusses her acting background, her character as Tara Thornton and much more.  The interview is gives a little more background on Rutina and what's going on with Tara for True Blood Season2. Some of the interview below
Can you talk a bit then how Tara evolves throughout the season? Rutina Wesley: Like I said, we're going to see Tara getting taken care of. There's going to be some romance and then there's chaos of course, but without giving too much away I do think that just generally it'll be a softer side of Tara that we'll see this season. I mean, her edge is still there, but she's not as edgy as she was last season. She's definitely a lot more vulnerable and I think it's very beautiful to see a Black character on TV that the writers have given so many levels to and so much complexity. She's not just the angry woman. She's got so much more to her and that's why I enjoy and love playing her. Who's your favorite character, apart from Tara? Rutina Wesley: Oh, everyone. I'm being totally honest here. It's really hard to have a favorite because especially this season the creative team has given everyone something so meaty and juicy to work on and everyone is playing it so well. I think that all of us have been cast right on and so everyone is playing their part brilliantly and there's no one person that I lean more towards. I mean, I love Nelsan Ellis. We went to school together. I've always loved him, since we were in school. I enjoy working with Anna Paquin and Adina Porter who plays my mother and of course Michelle Forbes who is amazingly...her and Adina are two of the most amazingly grounded women and actresses that I've worked with in my life. They're just there. I've learned so much from working with them. It's been a real treat.
Read the full interview at Daemonstv.com Photo Credit: HBO

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment