Thursday, February 11, 2010

True Blood Season 3 Spoiler News: Kevin Alejandro's First Scene

The other day we presented some tidbits that Kevin Alejandro shared regarding his role as Jesus Velasquez, the new orderly who takes care of Lafayette Reynolds' (Nelsan Ellis) mom (Alfre Woodard) and becomes his love interest in season 3 of True Blood. Today hollywoodcrush.mtv.com was able to get some more details from Kevin about what we are going to see with his character.
Photo from fOTOGLIF
According to Kevin his character will be hanging around Bon Temps throughout the entire season with Lafayette and his mom so far. As to if he will be interacting with the other characters in the show he does not know yet.
"I'm not really sure yet. It's so new — I think right now they're establishing what Lafayette and Jesus are going to have. Also, I don't get the whole script. If I'm not in the script, I don't get it. They're very, very secretive. I wish I could answer that question!"
Kevin admits it has been difficult to study for his part since his character does not exist in the books (neither does Lafayette beyond book 1). However, he is excited to take on the role of Jesus since the character is like nothing he's ever done before and this will be the first time he will be playing a strong gay character. Kevin mentioned that Alan Ball has been very helpful in giving him clues as to who Jesus is. Kevin did his best to explain how Alan was helping him research for his role, but as you see from his statement it is hard to explain without giving away too much which, understandably, he doesn't want to do.
"[Alan] gives me little hints of who [Jesus] might be and what he might be going through, so I'll research those things, like what makes up that guy," Kevin said. "Help, I'm struggling for words here because I don't want to give anything away! The problem is that I can't refer to any the books so I have to focus on what people like him have gone through — if there are any stories out there like that."
We do know that he is an orderly who is in charge of taking care of Lafayette's mother in some sort of facility. Kevin was able to share a scene that he recently shot with Alfre which provides us with a glimpse into the interactions that he will have with Lafayette's mother.
"I'm sitting there holding a bowl of peas, because I'm feeding her — she's in the hospital. I'm sitting there and she's spitting peas at me and I'm like 'Wow, Alfre Woodard is really spitting peas at me.'"
As to whether Kevin will be able to handle the demands of shooting two shows (he also portrays gangland police detective Nate Moretta on Southland) Kevin reassures us that the two production companies are wonderful and that they keep the lines of communication open. As he says,
"Fortunately the production companies on both sides are awesome and talk to each other. They seem to really want to work with each other. I think it's a great thing. Wherever they tell me to go, I'm going to go. I'll probably be exhausted."
Yes it may be a grueling schedule, but one that will be quite rewarding indeed. SOURCE: hollywoodcrush.mtv.com

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment