Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ashley Jones Interview: Dual Life on True Blood And The Bold And The Beautiful

ashley-jones-true-blood2Tommy Garrett from Caynon News recently sat down to speak with Ashley Jones to discuss her dual roles on two different genre of television programs.  Not only does Ashley play Bridge Forrester Marone on The Bold and the Beautiful Monday to Frida,y but uses her talent to portray the intriguing Daphne on Alan Ball's hit HBO TV vampire series True Blood. A daunting tasks indeed, but one which Ashley approaches with ease. We, here at TrueBloodNet.com, wish to extend a special thank you to Mr. Garrett for allowing us to re-print his exclusive interview with Ashley Jones here on our website in it entirety.  Presented below is Mr. Garrett's exclusive interview with the multi-tasking Ashley Jones. Ashley Jones is part of a television dynasty and also a cult classic as well, and I'm just talking about her day job. Ashley portrays the beautiful daughter of Eric Forrester and Brooke Logan on CBS's daytime mega hit "The Bold and the Beautiful." Jones who we first caught sight of on "The Young and the Restless" as Megan took over the very coveted role on "B&B" as Bridget Forrester. The role had been previously played by three-time consecutive Emmy winner Jennifer Finnigan. But Ashley soon won over fans and critics alike. Under the guidance of Brad Bell, who could fail? Jones has relished the role she's played and she welcomes the new Bridget that we now see on air. After ending her marriage to Nick, Bridget has come full circle. The physician left her very prestigious position as a doctor at a famed Los Angeles hospital and joined her ex-mother-in-law's fashion house. Bridget soon became Madame X, but later was revealed as the mysterious, sexy diva who is now designing ladies high-fashion like her entire family has been doing for decades. But typical of Bridget, she does so by her own standards and rules. Ms. Jones gives Bridget a sensuality and strength that is new to the character. Bridget returned to her roots when she was ready; she recently remarried Nick Marone on her own rules, and the actress who portrays one of the most fascinating and wonderful characters on daytime television is taking her priceless acting skills on to primetime television. HBO has tapped the star to portray Daphne, one of the new and mysterious characters on the cult classic "True Blood." Ashley Jones has captured the attention of millions of fans of both shows and she is one of the lucky few who is capable and willing to portray two different characters on the small screen at the same time. When Jones approached her boss Brad Bell to talk about doing a second series, he, like all of us, had faith in her and he knew that she would accomplish both with dazzling energy and style. She has not failed either production company and it's one of the most amazing trips as a viewer that you can see Bridget Forrester Marone Monday through Friday, on a show that is unparalleled in talent behind and in front of the camera, and then turn on HBO on Sunday nights and see Ashley playing a role just as sexy and beautiful, but a totally different character. Few actresses are able to pull this fete off. But thankfully Ashley Jones is no ordinary actress or woman. She is what the teenagers call, "the real deal!" This week, the gorgeous actress chatted with me in between scenes on the set of "B&B" and answered all of my questions with poise and intelligence. I only hope that I can convey to readers the charisma and grace this beautiful star exudes not only on the screen but in person. Here's an exclusive interview the actress gives Canyon News. Q - Ms. Jones, thank you for your time. Your work has been incredible for years. I enjoyed seeing you on "Y&R" but it's been on "B&B" that you have come into your own. Would you like to be friends with your character Bridget if you knew someone like her? A - "Who wouldn't be friends with someone that could forever supply juicy gossip and fabulous couture. Although Bridget's personal turmoil is deeply rooted, she brings that life experience to the table and could offer good advice." Q - I love the chemistry you and Jack (Wagner) have. Do you work at it or is it natural? A - "We know each other very well, but I believe that you can only work so hard at creating chemistry. It's either there or it's not. Thanks, by the way." Q - Bridget has the best characteristics of her parents Brooke and Eric. What do you, Ashley, have in common with the actors/Katherine Kelly Lang and John McCook (who play your parents)? A - "I'm close to Kelly and John. Kelly is more like a sister. John and I are father/daughter one day, then colleagues or friends the next. I often call him "dad." Kelly and I both share a love of the outdoors: running, horseback riding, although she is phenomenally better at both. We actually have a great deal in common. Jack calls us Little Bird and Big Bird on set. But, that refers more to our personalities and sense of humor. I do take after my father, though. My stage dad, that is. We're both entertainers on some level." Q - Would you like to see Bridget remain in fashion design or would you like to see her return to her medical roots as a physician? A - "The fashion aspect has been fun. I enjoy playing both sides of her character. The designer's clothes are certainly a step up from scrubs. With that said, I can see Bridget improving the classic scrub uni and back to saving lives someday." Q - Your producer, Brad Bell is known for pushing the letter, which is why his show ("B&B") is so popular and well written. What would you like to see the Master (Brad Bell) do in Bridget's future? A - "I could suggest myriad possibilities. However, my job begins post script writing. And thank goodness! But, for the sake of your question—Brad does push the envelope. And Bridget is her mother's daughter. We've only ever fully explored how she maneuvers through life more like her father. Or better yet, she's non-partisan. Loyal, faithful, even morally-centered for all intents and purposes. If you mulled over what repressed characteristics she inherited from her mother, that would take the story in a different direction. (Meaning, follow your heart, your passion and animal-like instinct first, think later.)" Q - My readers asked me to ask you, how do you maintain such physical shape? A - "How nice. And right now, I feel very much the opposite. Sometimes, staying in shape is manageable and I don't concern myself with it. Other times, I work hard. I try to stop eating as soon as I'm full. And I try to drink water. Both self imposed laws are broken too often. I prefer a less litigious environment. But, the real truth is that I've never pushed myself physically. And I'm almost ready to see where that would take me if I focused on that physical challenge." Q - You and Susan Flannery have electric scenes when you work together. Have you ever been intimidated by Television's most talented actress? A - "Susan is a powerful actor, but even more importantly, a powerful person. There is a certain presence within her that commands respect. I wouldn't say I've ever been intimidated by her. Quite the opposite, actually. I look forward to working with her. Perhaps I'm the ignorant one that didn't get the memo of the intimidation factor." Q - Who on your show have you not had an opportunity to work with that much that you'd like to do so? A - "Although it does seem large for a half hour show, we have a fairly small cast. I've worked with just about everyone, unless the actor has recently joined our cast, like Don Diamont. It sounds politically correct, but I like working with whomever I'm paired. It's been a while since I've had great story with Mom (Brooke) or Stephanie." Q - You recently did episodes of HBO's "True Blood." What was it like playing a character so foreign to Bridget Forrester Marone? A - "Foreign is correct. Daphne is definitely a paradigm shift from Bridget. And I relished every minute. For me, playing characters from different walks of life is the beauty of what I do for a living. Production just wrapped. It's bittersweet. Even if I am lucky enough to go back for more, it'll be different. Characters evolve, just like we do. Hopefully." Spending an hour with one of the most attractive and talented actresses in the entertainment industry was exciting, daunting and so much fun. Hey Ashley, coffee at Starbucks next door at The Grove is on me. Look for more on Ashley Jones in this paper soon. SOURCE:  canyon-news.com (Photo credit:  HBO Inc.)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment