Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wes Brown: True Blood’s Luke McDonald

wes_brown_courtesy_hbo-jaimie_truebloodvu_t180Wes Brown made his appearance as the character Luke McDonald in season 2 of Alan Ball's hit HBO TV vampire series True Blood as Jason's (Ryan Kwanten) new roomie, at The Fellowship Of the Sun Leadership Camp [to me it seems like more of a militia]. In the Houma Courier Wes talks about his roots in Louisiana before he moved to L.A., his transition from model to actor and his enjoyment and surprise of his role on True Blood.  On True Blood Brown says:
"The quality of the people on this show is really ridiculous," Brown said, citing series creator Alan Ball "as tops on the television totem pole." "When he speaks, I shut up and listen," Brown said, "because I know nothing compared to these guys."
On describing his new role Wes says:
"Luke is a Texan, who is "extremely religious" and a "very competitive" former football player who due to injury, has channeled his pride and energy into the anti-vampire movement. His competitive nature sometimes puts him at odds with his buddy, Jason."
Wes also said on the excitement of getting his role in True Blood:
"My car was parked at a bank near my home when my manager called to tell me I won the "True Blood" role. I grew so wrapped up in the moment that I started walking home while talking on the phone. I actually got so excited I forgot my car."
Wes Brown started out as a model and in the article he talked about how modeling was a gateway to acting.  Brown said, he moved to L.A "to test the waters" and he was more lucky than most actors who spend sometimes years trying to find an agency and management to which he replied: "I was very fortunate." When talking about his cast mates Wes only had praise in describing the atmosphere of the set which he described as:
"They don't take it so serious to where it's life and death. At the end of the day, they're like, 'We're making a show about vampires. That's fun,' " Brown said. "It seems like the more you have fun in creating these types of shows, the better they end up looking." The show's actors radiate authentic kindness and challenge him to improve, he said. "It (the show) makes me want to be better," Brown said. "Wanting to be better is fun."
To read more of Laura McKnight's interview with Wes Brown it's available at: tv.com/topstories (photo credit: Jaimie Trueblood - HBO Inc.)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment