Friday, August 21, 2009

Deborah Ann Woll Shares the Story Behind her Red Hair

normal_true-blooddotnet_season2_029You know that scene in "Scratches" where Jessica walks into Merlotte's and lights up the room--and especially Hoyt--with her beauty? Turns out, that reaction is somewhat intentional on Deborah Ann Woll's part. In an interview with ELLE magazine, Deborah talked about dying her hair since high school. A natural blonde, she chose to be a redhead so that she would stand out:
"As a fair skinned blonde, I disappeared into the background. I've always been a loner, so I suppose dyeing my hair red was a way to say, 'I'm here, I exist, I'm a human being and you can't just push me aside.' "
Another inspiration for her red hair was watching old movies. She was a fan of actresses like Rita Hayworth, and says that she "always fancied someone might call me 'Red,' like Katherine Hepburn." Even with her newfound celebrity status, Deborah never goes to a professional salon to have her hair done. She confesses to not being much of a "glamour girl," but mainly she is happy with how her $9 box of color has been working for her. (L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme in Reddish Blond, in case you're curious.) Jessica may be an impulsive, hormonal baby vamp, but Deborah comes across as being a very sweet, down-to-earth young woman, even when she's just talking about style tips! SOURCE: fashion.elle.com (Photo credit: HBO, Inc.)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment