Thursday, August 27, 2009

Evan Rachel Wood Talks About the Queen

evan-rachel-wood-true-blood_319x287A bloody foot was all we saw at the frustratingly early end of Episode 10, but this Sunday, "Frenzy" promises a formal introduction to Evan Rachel Wood as Queen Sophie-Anne, the vampire monarch of Louisiana. Bill went to her for help in defeating Maryann, but things are probably going to be much more complicated than we think--they always are. Marc Malkin of E!Online interviewed Evan about the Queen, and she offered up a few teasers that fill the imagination with all sorts of possibilities. The questions were mostly about who she is going to be hooking up with. While she wouldn't tell whether Sophie-Anne gets with either Bill or Eric, she had this to say:
"Well, I don't know if I am having sex with anyone yet, but I certainly have a steamy scene with someone that I don't think you'd really expect. So it will be a little fun."
But, Evan did give a straightforward answer when asked if she is on Team Eric or Team Bill:
"I would say, Team Alex--Eric! Whoops."
Most of us have probably heard that the Queen likes female companionship, but she could end up being intimate with anybody:
"She's not necessarily a lesbian. Her human partner is a girl, but I'm pretty sure she goes both ways. I think vampires are like that in general."
Since she's going to be a recurring character in Season 3, Sophie-Anne has the potential to mix things up for all of the characters. Evan also shared how she got the part on True Blood:
"I watched the first season and loved the show, so I got in touch with Alan Ball and said, 'Keep an eye out for anything that might pop up.' I thought it was a long shot, but then later on I got a call saying they needed a queen...I said yes, even before I read the script. I didn't really care."
So, even though we don't know what Alan Ball has planned for Queen Sophie-Anne, it is definitely going to be crazier and more surprising than whatever we expect--Season 2 has taught us that much!! SOURCE: eonline.com (Photo credit: HBO, Inc.)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment