Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mehcad Brooks Talks With Honey Magazine

Mehcad BrooksHis days as Benedict "Eggs" Talley in True Blood may be over and we'll never see the great chemistry shared by him and Tara ever again. But Mehcad Brooks' oozing hotness is just beginning to sizzle. On his recent interview with Honey Magazine, Mehcad talked about a funny incident on Facebook, his sexiness, thoughts about settling down, Prop 8, celebrity crushes, and more. Looks like we'll never get over him. Mehcad said that his Facebook account has been canceled due to the grounds that they thought he was impersonating himself. He said that the guy who's pretending to be him has his account still. But if you're on Twitter, you can follow the "real" him @MehcadBrooks. Now owning one of Hollywood's great bodies is not as easy as some might think. Mehcad has been working out heavily since he was 17 and he used to go to the gym four or five days a week. Recently, it has been slim down to two days a week - probably because of his tight schedule. For him, working out in the gym has to do with mind, body, and spirit. This is why he started doing yoga this year. He also reads a lot of books based on personal power and laws of attraction. Fact - he has a body to die for. He's got those sexy abs and now he's been equated as one of the sex symbols in Hollywood. But he seems to just laugh it off and would rather be known for something else. He said,
"It's nice to be appreciated for whatever reason...Looks fade, so that's not the main focus...I'd rather not be known for that. I'd rather be known for being good."
And not just that. Mehcad is also awkward in claiming his sexiness.
"I mean, it's just a strange thing to claim. I can own the fact that I'm a good actor, because I work really hard at it. I can own the fact that I'm athletic because I work really hard at it. I can own the fact that I have a lot of stamina and I have lot of strength because I work really hard at that. But one person may find me sexy, and another might not find me sexy. That's all subjective, an opinion. I can't go around proclaiming that I know other people's opinions about me. Plus, I see myself everyday, and I see everything that's wrong. I don't see everything that's right, most of the time. It's all relative. Sometimes I'm running and working out and sometimes I'm just trying to chill, stomach hanging out, chilling."
Funny thing about Mehcad is that he doesn't consider himself as a sex symbol nor does he think he's sexy. Talk about being humble again! He said,
"The thing is I don't really consider myself a sex symbol, because I don't find myself sexy."
He also said that he doesn't mind being bare-naked, while walking out on the streets.
"I don't have any problem taking my clothes off. I don't even like clothing. If you have to wear them, you may as well look good in them. But if I had my way, I'd just walk around the street, you know, chillin … with just a pair of socks on."
But believe it or not, Mehcad is a self-proclaimed nerd and a film dork. Well, we can forgive him for being a film dork - he's a film student. But a nerd? I know. It's really difficult to digest that. He must probably be just bluffing. But when asked what makes him a nerd, he said,
"The books that I read. The fact that I read at all. I don't follow sports a lot. My sport is politics.
Actually, he's just not into following the sports stats, but he sure does watch the Super Bowl and the NBA playoffs and those other big stuffs that he think matters. Moreover, Mehcad revealed that he loves women. He finds a lot of women very nurturing and good listeners. And the reason why it was really easy for him to end  simply going  into one  relationship after another is because he has a lot of female friends. And lately, he's been trying to focus on his career and finding the right woman is not his top concern as of the moment. But he would want to have a wife and kids someday. He said,
"I've been trying to focus on other things, like on my career. And just focus on who I am as a human being without being wrapped up in relationships. Finding the one is not my top priority right now."
Mehcad, equipped not only with an awesome body, but also with sheer intelligence, speaks his mind out about the whole Prop 8, which he finds abhorrent.
"I find it really offensive. I just find it really problematic when you start throwing people's rights away. Until we get our gay brothers and sisters back into a realm of consciousness that everyone else is in, it's just not right. A woman who's getting married — it's probably going to be a gay man who made her dress, and a gay man who's doing her hair and makeup, but he can't get married."
He also confessed about his celebrity crushes. He said that he has a huge celebrity crush on Halle Berry, which won't fade away. Also, he has a crush on Rachel Maddow's mind. And for his ideal woman, he said,
"I really like an attentive listener. And support. And a woman who has her own, who can support herself and feel secure in her own skin. I complement her and she complements me."
Alright, let's face it. Mehcad Brooks is really out of True Blood, but just like everybody else on the show, he's already made a name for himself. And ladies, if you're a good listener and supportive, maybe you're the girl Mehcad's been looking for. Source: honeymag.com (Photo Credit: zap2it.com)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment