Friday, October 29, 2010

Video: Rutina Wesley Dishes with Mo'Nique about True Blood

On Her Fabulous Physique

Rutina WesleyRutina Wesley, who plays Tara Thornton on HBO's True Blood, recently appeared on The Mo'Nique Show.  Speaking openly and candidly, she gives some insight into her life and work. Looking fit as a fiddle in a short, sleeveless dress, it's no wonder Mo'Nique began the interview with the following:
"Normally, I'm a sistah, who gives other sistahs, their props.  And you look amazing!  But I gotta tell ya, I got a little envy, happenin' with me right now... 'cause I understand your husband is a soul food cooker, sweet potato pie fixer -- are you eatin' any of it?!"
Rutina replies "Oh honey, I eats!  I eats.  Matter of fact, he had to make 25 pies before he got it right." Wesley talks about her figure and says she used to be a dancer, her parents are dancers, therefore it must be in her genes.  But she does admit to working out, as well.  Three to four days a week, she runs, does push ups, and "a little bit of crunches".  Her hard work definitely pays off -- have you seen those arms?  Amazing!

On Being a Part of the True Blood Phenomenon

Wesley remembers exactly where she was when she got "the call".  She was at Starbucks!  Getting animated and a bit choked up, she practically gives a play-by-play of what happened. Speaking of Rutina's character, Mo'Nique asks, "How much fun is it being Tara Thornton?" Rutina's heartfelt response:
"You know what?  It's a blessing.  It is like a dream role, for me to play someone who gets to go up & down, around the corner.  I have this incredible journey, umm... you know, I can't - I still can't believe it.  Like, every day I wake up, and I'm like, 'I'm on TV!  I'm on TV!', you know?  And I get really, really, really excited about it."
When asked about comparing herself to Tara, Rutina has this to say:
"You know, me and Tara have a lot of similarities.  I'm very passionate, I'm very driven, but I also can be incredibly insecure... a delicate flower, and sensitive.  And uh, you know, I'm my own worst critic."
Wesley says she is so thankful and grateful that she gets to live her dream, acting, for which she went to school.  We're all grateful for such a wonderful actress on our favorite show! Watch the video below for some laughs and juicy (literally!) tidbits.  Be sure to let us know what your favorite part was! Source: BET.com- The Mo'Nique Show | Guest Rewind | Rutina Wesley - 10/20/10 (Photo credit: BET.com)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment