Friday, December 11, 2009

VIDEO: Interview with Allan Hyde at EyeCon

allan-hyde2Allan Hyde, a Danish actor who plays Godric in Season 2 of True Blood, gives us his insights into his character Godric, who's a two-thousand-year-old vampire and Eric Northman's (Alexander Skarsgard) maker. During the interview, Allan Hyde conveys his delight on working in Season 2 of True Blood:
"I just came on in the Second Season [...] I thought the second season was amazing [...] the stuff I liked was [...] the different storylines branching out [...] you got to see different sides of [characters]."
On Godric's accent, Allan Hyde explains,
"The role of Godric [...] he's supposed to be two thousand years old [...] he's been all over [...] he probably speaks a dozen different languages, if not more [...] his accent [...] you can't really trace it back to somewhere and also it's [...] a hybrid form [...]"
When asked about his character Godric in Season 3, Allan indicated that he's excited about reading the scripts for Season 3, but when asked about spoilers, he said,
"I think they already did leak it a little bit [...] I don't know what it's going to be but I know that I'm going back for a flashback [...] or flashbacks."
Allan explains how he draws on his youthful experiences in portraying Godric,
"I had a point in my life where I was young and I had a problem with authority. It wasn't a big thing [...] and I was really, really bad and [...] I made life really miserable for a couple of people back then and I really regret it. [...] and that was what I applied to the character of Godric [...] I had one day where [I had] kind of like an epiphany [...] I just realized [...] that this was all wrong [...] and I took that [...] and applied it to the Godric character [...]"
Fans of True Blood might like to know that as of this week, Alan Ball and the True Blood cast are back in the studios filming Season 3 of True Blood. SOURCE: Central Florida On Demand Picture credit: HBO, Inc.

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment