Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alexander Skarsgard: Naked and Loving It

Oh, Eric. Where would we be without you? True Blood's Alexander Skarsgard, or vampire sheriff Eric Northman, gave a delightful interview to PopEater. Right off the bat, we get some True Blood info. Eric has some scores to settle.
"You find out pretty early on that something happened a thousand years ago, that Eric lost someone, and now he's getting the opportunity to avenge that person's death. So he's going to try to do that, and it's not easy."
Alex goes on to warn us about a "very, very graphic scene" coming up involving himself and another man.
"I'm not a prude. I'm from Sweden, and it's different there. If it makes sense, I'll do nudity, and it's made sense every single time I'm naked on the show. And I love to be naked. It's kind of liberating."
Glad to hear that. We also know Eric is obsessed with Sookie. (Although who isn't nowadays?) But it seems this season, his obsession becomes a little more intense.
"Eric is intrigued by Sookie... there is something different about Sookie, and he wants to figure out what that is -- what she is. And while it's fun to play around with Bill, to tease him, it's not just a game anymore."
Alex discusses his attraction to darker roles, citing his characters in the animated film "Metropia," and the upcoming "Melancholia." As for his taste in music, Alex favors British and Swedish punk rock, mentioning a number of bands and artists he is currently interested in, including the Buzzcocks, Ebba Gron, and Theresa Andersson. Speaking of music... about that Lady Gaga....
"The reason I did the 'Paparazzi' video is that the director, Jonas Akerlund, is a fellow Swede and a good friend of mine, and he called and asked me to do it... But I didn't want to do something if we'd just be walking down the beach or holding hands or that sort of thing."
No worries were Gaga is concerned. The video is much more fun, of course, and was very popular.
"The thing is, you can work on a movie for three months, and no one sees it, and then you do something like this for six hours, and that's what people talk about!"
Does that mean Alex will devote more of his career to music videos?
"That's my new career. I'm going to quit acting and do music videos from now on. I'm over 'True Blood.' I'm officially quitting right now!"
Joking aside, I've had one too many of my favorite non-vampire TV actors recently announce they're leaving, so forgive me if I'm a little sensitive to such comments. Thankfully, we still have plenty of Eric to enjoy. Source: popeater.com (Photo Credit: Screencap by James)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment