Saturday, June 26, 2010

Charlaine Harris Talks True Blood and Sookie's Future

Charlaine Harris co-headlined the Metro Library Network's Out Loud! Author series in Iowa City with Jace Everett, singer of the True Blood theme song "Bad Things" on June 17th. Harris sat down with the Huffington Post and answered questions about True Blood, what her kids think about her writing and what's in store for the ending of the Sookie Stackhouse books. Before signing books Harris answered some fan questions but started the question period off joking:
"Yes, I'm happy with Alan Ball's production of my novels. Also, if you ask me where I get my inspiration, I will spit on you."
During the interview Charlaine reveals that her male fan base has grown since the release of the True Blood television show. The Sookie Stackhouse novels already had a larger male fan base than her previous books but after the show came out more men showed up to her book signings. She may have fans all over the world but when asked what her kids thought of her very sexual books Charlaine replied:
"The show has given them brownie points with their friends, but only one of my kids reads my work."
One thing sure to get fans all worked up was Charlaine's comments at RT Booklovers Convention this year where she hinted that there is no happily ever after for Sookie. The Huffington Post asked her about this and she replied:
"I don't write absolutes. I don't write the kind of "happily ever after" that romance readers enjoy. I'm not saying that "happily ever afters" are a bad thing, and I'm not saying Sookie will never be happy ... but she's not going to settle down and start a family and have the white picket fence."
Harris has said in the past that she will not "turn" Sookie so that leaves fans wondering how exactly this series will end. We know there are at least three more books to come in the series so hopefully the end is not something we will have to think about for a while! Source:  Huffington Post (Photo Credit: CharlaineHarris.com)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment