Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ryan Kwanten Open to Oprah Visit

True Blood's Ryan Kwanten is many things:  Jason Stackhouse, an actor, ladies-man, often times shirtless, but did you know that "writer" can be added to that list of accolades? Ryan Kwantenhas told AccessHollywood.com that his book, The G-Strategy is part self-help guide, part parody, depending on the reader. So is the book for men or for women?  We'll let Ryan answer:
"It's actually both... With men, it's more the finance type world... And with the women, I guess its sort of the more emotional sort of type stuff that's gonna make you happy."
Ryan was also asked if he was making fun of the self-help genre:
"Not really, well it is, but in a very aggressive type of way... I gave it to a couple of my friends... I didn't tell them that I wrote it... they've just taken it as gospel."
Due to the demanding shooting schedule of season 3 of True Blood, Kwanten hasn't quite finished the book.  He is hoping to have all of the revisions done by September, when it is due to the publisher. Since the book is set up to be a self-help guide, Ryan was asked what he would think if Oprah asked him to appear on her show,
"If Oprah will have me, that would be kind of hilarious... I still don't know if I'm going to pitch the book as a satire, or as a real self help book."
Source:  AccessHollywood.com Image Credit:  (HBO Inc, Screencap by James)

http://truebloodnet.com http://truebloodnet.com/community http://truebloodnet.com/forums

No comments:

Post a Comment